Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday 14th May 2010


Recently, hubby and I have been discussing the possibility of adopting a dog. We both love dogs and have had dogs in our lives pretty much from the word "go" and life without a dog seemed strange and a bit empty. Particularly for me, the main agitator on the 'I want a dog' front.  So this morning we went to see a possible puppy in a vet clinic in Taipei, but when we got there she had already been adopted by someone else. So we arranged to meet some other people about adopting a puppy tomorrow afternoon.

So who on earth is that in the photo, you might be asking. Great question. I was casually walking back along our street with a bagload of veges for tonight's dinner when I saw a gorgeous German Shepherd outside of the 7-Eleven. I snapped a quick pic on my phone to show hubby and carried on my merry way, dreaming of the frozen mango desserts I was going to make. I noticed a few metres down the street that the same doggy was on the other side of the road and following a man, who I assumed to be his owner. But the man disappeared and this dog wandered across the road, oblivious to traffic. 

To cut a long story short, I called hubby and we have ended up fostering him for a couple of weeks to see if his owner shows up. If not we may have found our puppy for adoption! It seems reasonably likely that someone has gotten sick of taking care of him and ditched him (far far too common in this part of the world) - he's definitely not a street dog. 

It's funny what life throws at you sometimes, ain't it?!

2 comments:

  1. woah. congratulations on becoming foster parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's all happened very fast and unexpectedly but it seems to be going well so far!

    ReplyDelete